Since we moved to Scotland back in October I have been itching to get out and see things and places, the weather however, has had other plans! Don’t get me wrong I am not bothered by a little bit of rain but we practically have webbed feet now! My list grows on a daily basis so I thought I would try and narrow it down slightly by having just ten on my Scotland bucket list for 2016.
Looking at it written down I am wondering where to start, so I don’t think they will be done in order but it doesn’t really matter.
- Visit Fingal’s Cave – A sea cave on Staffa
- Walk the West Highland Way – 96 miles, passed glens, lochs and mountains.
- Attend one of Colin Prior‘s workshops – My favourite photographer
- Buy a canoe – and use it, obviously!
- Climb Buachialle Etive Mor – The first time I saw this mountain I fell in love with it
- Go to the Highland Games – either working as a photographer or just to watch
- Visit any of the Outer Hebrides islands – It just looks idyllic
- Go to a Ceilidh – I don’t really have any co-ordination but I love to dance
- Go the the Edinburgh Military Tattoo – I looks amazing on the television
- To get to know Perth better – we have only been here a short time so there is still SO much to see and do
I think that’s enough to be going on with for now. There is plenty of variety on there and I am sure the Dude could add more to that. Things like:
- Visit Islay distilleries – note this is plural!
- Try out some of the golf courses
- Buy a canoe – and look after me when we use it!
- See a red squirrel – I have seen more of this cuteness than he has. We’re not competitive at all!!
- Eat a traditional Arbroath smokie
With our first adventure booked and fast approaching – a week on the Isle of Mull, I would like just one thing to see or do to kick start my Scotland bucket list for 2016. What would you suggest?
It is really exciting to see the start of a new year in a, relatively, new home and make plans. I know some of these will push me to understand the raw beauty of Scotland more than I do now. There is so much discover but for now these will do.
** Oh and for those of you that are new to my blog the Dude is my best friend and partner in crime. Affectionately known as Dude on here and at home.**